How to Open A PikStore
If you have not already done so, download the PikMobile app to your iOS device from the Apple App Store and create an account using your e-mail address or Facebook account.
Create A PikStore:
- Tap the Profile Tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the gear icon in the top-right-hand corner.
- Tap Account Options.
- Under My PikStore, select PikStore Account to begin creating an account.
- At the top of the screen, tap “Current Plan Price” to select the plan you would like.
Select Your Plan and Pricing:
- Select the number of PikStores you would like to sign up for.
- Enter your name, company name, email address, and phone number.
- Turn on “Show Store Button on Profile.”
- Confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Agree to PikStore Terms and Conditions.
- Tap “SAVE” in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen. You will receive an App Store pop-up to enter your AppleID Password to confirm your in-app purchase.
- You will receive an IRS W-9 form via the email address you provided. Please complete the form and return it by mail to PikMobile, PO Box 350, Naples FL 34109.
Congratulations!! You are now finished creating your PikMobile store.
Customize And Open Your PikStore:
- Add a profile photo. This is your BRAND, so make it recognizable.
- Add a banner photo and information about yourself in the “About” section.
- Set your category. This will ensure that PikStore users can easily find you via category search.
- Add content creators or managers. If you are a Store Administrator, you can assign one of your followers to create content or manage your PikStore. NOTE: You must have a mutual follow/following relationship within PikMobile).
- When your PikStore is ready to open, move the Store Closed switch to the Open position.
Choose Your Pricing Model:
Select one of the following options to allow your fans to purchase items from your PikStore:
- Standard – Each type of product (Subscription, Series, Collection) is purchased individually.
- Total Access/Subscription – Everything in your PikStore is accessible for a monthly subscription (you must update your content monthly at a minimum).
- Total Access/Single Payment – Everything is your PikStore is accessible for a single payment.
Add Content to Your Store:
- You can add PikMobile Stories to any PikStore you manage through the Story’s menus. NOTE: You may only upload work that is owned or fully controlled by you in the PikStore. PikMobile does not permit you to display material that contains nudity, or material that is pornographic or sexually suggestive in nature.
Create Store Content:
You can create content from your Store, or from your User Profile:
- From your Profile, tap the camera icon to get started.
- Select the photos or videos you want to include in your new Story.
- Name the Story and write creative captions. Remember: It’s All About The Story!
- From this post Screen, choose a PikStore item and select the type of Story (Subscription, Collection, or Series) you wish to assign to it. NOTE: Once you post the item, you cannot change the type of Story you assign to it.
Display Your Items For Sale:
Enter a creative description of the item you’re selling. This is your place to sell your products, so make your descriptions speak, loud and clear!
Collection: A Collection is a group of photos/videos you can sell, either as a package or individually. When a buyer purchases a Collection, they receive a copy of the image(s) in their Profile and can use them in Stories they create.
Series: A Series is similar to a Collection, but you can update a Series with photos and videos and users can like or comment. Users can buy a Series with a one-time payment to add to their PikStream. Series do not expire, and users who buy them will always have access to them in their profile. You can give buyers permission to save or repost photos. You can choose to use the first image posted as the featured image, or The Store will show the last image posted to that Story. NOTE: If you are not going to update the Series in the future, mark it as complete.
Subscription: Subscriptions are auto-renewing Collections users can buy through an in-app purchase through iTunes. Subscription buyers will automatically follow the Subscription in their PikStream, and receive notifications when you add to that Subscription. If a buyer cancels their Subscription, they will no longer have access to view the Story.
Invite Fans To Your PikStore:
From your PikStore:
- Tap About.
- Tap Store Options.
- Select “Share Store” to write a text or email invitation that will direct your guests to your PikStore. NOTE: The standard invitation also includes a link to download the PikMobile app, if they haven’t already.
Manage Your PikStore:
To manage your PikStore:
- Tap the gear icon .
- Select Store Settings to:
- Update the Store Name
- Write a description of the PikStore in the “About” section
- Add or remove Store Administrators
- Open or Close a PikStore
- Delete a PikStore Manage Sections
NOTE: If you want to override the defaults and add custom shelves, tap Store Home. To restore the default, remove custom shelves.
Navigating Your PikStore:
The Home Screen of your PikStore shows all the items you have for sale, organized by Subscription, Series, and Collection. You will also see your profile photo, banner, and “About” description. NOTE: If you have a Total Access Store, a Total Access button will appear in the upper-right-hand corner of your PikStore. All the products will show the Total Access Pricing and no individual pricing per product.
- Tap on the tab for Subscriptions, Series, or Collections. You will see a “V” shaped icon to the right of each product. Tapping this icon will allow you to:
- Add a photo or video to the item
- Edit an item
- Remove an item from your PikStore
- View an item description
- When a buyer taps on any photo associated with a product, a pop-up screen shows:
- The date of the last item added to this Story
- The description you provided on this item
- Whether the series is complete or you are selling as an ongoing series
- The total number of photos and videos currently included in the item
- To change the order of the items in your PikStore:
- Select Manage Sections
- Select Edit
- Press and hold/move the order
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will I be paid as a PikStore Owner on PikMobile?
You set your prices in the PikStore. After you complete and return the IRS Form W-9 that was sent to you when you opened your Store, you will receive one-half of your total sales. Payments are sent one month behind. For example, you will get paid for January sales at the start of March. View your sales details in your Profile under My Store Receipts.
When will I start receiving my earnings?
There is a minimum amount that you must earn before we send you a check according to our “minimum payment threshold.” The minimum payment threshold is equivalent to USD $10. PikMobile accumulates your earnings until they reach the minimum payment threshold, and disburses them to you at the next monthly payment cycle.